Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Setting up - The Trader - part 3

I had a couple of fairly good trading sessions since my last Blog.

Found those two systems in a dead end pocket. There was a bit of scary jump on the way there from my main base. Had to cross a Lowsec system but all was quite. I had the Local Chat window open and there wasn't a single ship in there. But then with my local Time Zone, it's not surprising.

Once past that danger zone, the rest was dead easy. I had opportunities in 2 different commodities with 2 stations selling them and 2 other station buying. I wish I could fly a bigger transport ship.
The whole process gets a bit repetitive but I ended up with a nice 10 millions ISK profit in just a couple of hours.
First I would Dock at one of the station selling cheap. Purchase the lot using the Corp wallet. Get it delivered to my Hangar.
I even found that I could purchase the same amount again and again.. So I quickly acquired a nice stockpile.
Next Job is to transport all to the Buying station. There was one in the same system. But I didn't resell straight away. Any sale would alter the prices so I just transported enough from my stockpile to fulfil the purchase order then sell.
Double check the prices to see if it's still profitable and transport another lot.
Spin.. Rinse.. Repeat until the price drops lower than my bottom line for profit. Look for sale taxes..

And then there was that second commodity that had exactly the same characteristics. Two selling stations and two buying stations.
Of course after a while the prices collapsed and there was no more profits to get. But just have to wait a day or two and do another trip there. I definitely will have to find a few more of those systems and exploit them.

For the next part of the Setting up see the CEO.
If you just arrived to this Blog page, start reading from here.

No comments: